Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Giving credit to Mike Castro's enforcement actions

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 24, 2003 10:25AM
Oh...that scofflaw camper!! In light of this, I must correct your previous statement that I reported this camper to Mike Castro. I did not, although I have had conversations both with and about this person to various people. This camper spent the summer in the DCHS area, telling everyone that he would soon be returning to Alaska. At first he said at the end of June, then July, and finally August. In September he was still around, so he definitely did not go home early. I am not aware of how often he may have camped illegally in the area of the springs, but do recall a time when he asked for a ride to an area where he could camp legally, citing a fear of being caught by the ranger. He did not mention Mike Castro. We gave him the ride.

It seems that his own overstay beyond the limits of his funds may have been the cause of his needing to wire home for money. Where would his return trip funds have come from if his visit had extended longer? He was a likeable person, but he definitely pushed the limits of tolerance by letting it be known that he was essentially living at the springs. He did not access through Bowen Ranch, but I have heard rumor that he sometimes "snuck" through the ranch while getting rides to town for supplies.

I do not know anything about Mr. Castro confronting him, but hope that he did finally arrive home safely and without losing the chance for some seasonal fishing. If he returns in the future, I hope that he will have the forsight to arrange for a legal visit that does not include camping at the springs, and to leave before he runs out of money.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Giving credit to Mike Castro's enforcement actions

katrina island 1099November 24, 2003 01:11AM

sycamorelaughing 690November 24, 2003 10:25AM

What Happened to Other Camper?

katrina island 552November 26, 2003 01:24AM

Rick 613November 24, 2003 04:44PM

jobe 593November 24, 2003 06:42PM

mojavegreen 637November 24, 2003 08:23PM

jobe 631November 24, 2003 09:48PM

LaughingBear 605November 24, 2003 10:02PM

LaughingBear 655November 26, 2003 06:39AM

jobe 1152November 26, 2003 01:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login