Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Deep Creek will be closed for years?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 23, 2003 11:25AM
I just called 1-909-866-3437 which is the number I was referred to by the Forest Service because the other local office is closed on Sunday. So anyway, the officer there informed me that Deep Creek would probably be closed for a very long time. When I asked how long, he said, probably at least a year, maybe more, as in the Willow fire situation.

When I asked "Why?" he seemed to have difficulty coming up with a good reason, but said something about the Forest Service needing to assess the situation as to the flora and fauna. Does this make any sense? How would our going there prevent them from assessing the situation, or otherwise affect the flora and fauna of the Deep Creek area? I'm no biologist or forest service expert, but does this make sense?

Seems to me that if there is no current fire danger and the trail to get there is safe, what is the harm in using the springs?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deep Creek will be closed for years?

miguelbgood 1068November 23, 2003 11:25AM

Re: Deep Creek will be closed for years?

Wizard 557November 23, 2003 12:37PM

Rick 598November 23, 2003 03:34PM

miguelbgood 820November 24, 2003 06:27PM

Wizard 548November 23, 2003 08:27PM

Wizard 1713November 24, 2003 07:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login