Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

BLM Route Designation

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 21, 2003 11:25PM
I just returned from the BLM Juniper Sub region meeting in Apple Valley where the almost final route designations were presented to us interested parties. DCV was well represented with 5 members in attendance along with a variety of others representing multiple intrests. The BLM did their best to be all inclusive in their decisions while biting the bullet on some tough and controversial issues.

I am happy to report that the BLM recognizes the need for a free public access route to the trailhead for Deep Creek. The current JF3 -JF4_route will remain open and a staging area is marked upon the map where the road becomes impassable for 2wd vehicles. This means the BLM recognizes people park at this location to access trails into Deep Creek. Route numbers have been changed for maping purpuses to RJ2024 and RJ 2015 and will be marked as so on the new maps.

The BLM also recognized the sensitivity of the Juniper Flats ACEC and decided to protect it by closing the controversial J1299 to motorized vehicle use. Its number is now designated RJ1057. As a compromise to the motorcycle users, the BLM established a network of single track routes in the area with the thought in mind that a combination of established routes combined with public education would help deter non compliant motorcycle riders.

All in all some tough decisions had to be made and not everyone is going to be happy. I believe the BLM did their best to come up with something everyone could live with. Its been really interesting to be involved in the whole process and I would like to thank all who wrote letters in support of protecting the Juniper Flats ACEC.

Many of the routes on the border of the USFS lands were closed as well to preserve the status of the Deep Creek non motorized vehicle area. The area surrounding the Hot Springs remains a refuge from the noise of the internal combustion engine.....an experience that is becoming increasingly rare in this day and age.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM Route Designation

LaughingBear 1075November 21, 2003 11:25PM

Re: BLM Route Designation

Ron 700November 22, 2003 10:59AM

Re: BLM Route Designation

sycamorelaughing 976November 23, 2003 10:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login