Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Forest Closure

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 19, 2003 10:42PM
The Forest Service I'm sure is so busy with the various issues of the recent big fires, that thier attentions are focused elsewhere than DCHS, and its visitors. Perhaps if we all got together and wrote individual letters to the Sky Forest Ranger Station about our keen interest in seeing DCHS open soon, it might bring swifter action to our benifit in regards to this closure for DCHS. I think a letter from the DCV group would be helpful too. I had a talk with Ron recently, and he expressed the idea that while this closure is in effect, it also prevents our group members from doing the work they do in helping to keep DCHS clean, etc. Also another point, DCR recently in a phone conversation made the observatin to me that in the Willow Fire they restricted access to the Burn areas, so why isn't it the same with this fire. DCHS is not in, or very near the burn areas. These fires are going to be a threat every year. Is the policy going to be that unburned recreation lands, like DCHS and elsewhere, are going to be continually closed for long periods, every time there is a fire in thier vicinity, I hope not.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Forest Closure

Rick 975November 18, 2003 03:37PM

LaughingBear 583November 18, 2003 09:27PM

Wizard 572November 19, 2003 10:42PM

LaughingBear 634November 20, 2003 07:08AM

Wizard 582November 20, 2003 10:19AM

Ron 1581November 22, 2003 12:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login