All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 30, 2003 09:26PM
Sycamore, have you been listening to 960 AM too :-) That station sure has been doing a great job keeping the local high desert people updated on the local fire situation. Sounds like the fire did not make it too DCHS yet, glad to hear that. What a differance today has been from yesterday evening at around 4 PM when a huge line of fire was advancing down a hill from the east to the edge of the Arrow Head area. That line of fire as seen from the helicopter arial shots went far out into the North East from the Arrow head lake area. Today with all the winds and the clouds hovering over the San Bernardino Mtn's it made it seem as if the fire has dissappeared as compared to yesterday. Reports this evening say the fire is still out there but burning at a much reduced rate. I remember last Saturday about 9:30 in the morning as I was heading up to DCHS for the DCV meeting. From my home in Apple Valley I could see a major plume of smoke heading up the ridge to Cucamonga Peak probably 20 miles away, and I could even see the flames from that distance. When I looked through my binoculars those flames were huge crowning through the big pines up there. Last week, 100 degree record tempuratures in So Cal, and tomorrow evening, possible snow down to 5000 feet. Last week I remember seeing the first plume of the Grand Priz fire from where I was working in the Oak Hills area. Then, so many fires all over So Cal, in so short a time span. Simple coincidence, or something more organized, we may never know. I do know that driving to our local moutains will now hold harsh images, of many places up there that were, before this weeks fires, so beautiful.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hope for the Best

Gary 1069October 30, 2003 01:23PM

Re: Hope for the Best

sycamorelaughing 627October 30, 2003 04:40PM

Wizard 708October 30, 2003 09:26PM

sycamorelaughing 644October 31, 2003 06:21AM

LaughingBear 590October 31, 2003 07:23AM

LaughingBear 643October 31, 2003 09:30PM

Wizard 642October 31, 2003 09:54PM

LaughingBear 1048October 31, 2003 10:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login