Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Juniper Flats report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 27, 2003 05:35PM
Howdy everyone......this report comes from the top of "powerline hill" out in Juniper Flats. In case you all are wondering, this is the big hill west of Bowen Ranch with the 4 big towers on it.

Dawn broke over the mountain with a crystal blue sky provided by those winds out of the northeast. No sign of smoke from the Valley of the Village so Mr Bill and I decided to go take a look. When we got to the vicinity of the Bowen Ranch, the smoke cloud streched from the Lytle Creek area to Running Springs on the front side. The only place where this fire has crossed the ridge is above Silverwood Lake where it is burning slowly downhill against the wind. At this time, there is no fire anywhere close to Deep Creek canyon but the mountain communities are still in big trouble

I did notice 4 cars in the parking lot of the Bowen Ranch and a yellow pickup parked out on the BLM lands. The only USFS truck I saw was coming down the back road from Arrowhead heading toward the spillway. The air tankers were active throughout the day, attacking the line between the fire and the mountain communities. They stayed upwind of the smoke and the show went on and on as these brave pilots waged their air attack on the flames below. For tonight, Deep Creek is unaffected by this major conflagration. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people whose lives have been forever changed by these fires.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fire Information

Rick 1090October 27, 2003 01:26PM

LaughingBear 631October 27, 2003 05:35PM

toast 638October 29, 2003 08:40AM

sycamorelaughing 692October 29, 2003 02:06PM

toast 1106October 29, 2003 05:26PM

Re: Power Outages

DCR 575October 28, 2003 07:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login