Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

camping at the springs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 13, 2003 10:58AM
I went to the springs on Saturday. It was a great day, perfect weather, and as usual met and talked with a number of wonderful people there. We picked up a few bags of trash, scouring the downstream rock area especially. Trash wasn't excessive, but a lot of small things like cigarette butts, wrappers, etc. One thing that concerned me is that there seems to be an increase in the number of people camping (illegally, of course) near the springs. We could hear one group of people breaking up firewood as we reached the top of the hill on our way out. We also found a couple of fire rings on the downstream side when we cleaned up, and the ashes were full of glass. I hope that DCV can have some impact on decreasing the numbers of people who camp, burn fires, or otherwise endanger our use of the springs with flagrant disregard for USFS rules.

On the good side, it seems that our group has made and is making an impact on appropriate etiquette among daytime hotsprings users. I have heard a lot of positive feedback...the area is cleaner, not as much glass being used, proper toiletting making the place smell better, more of a family atmosphere makes the place more comfortable for women and children, etc.

Hopefully, with time and effort, we can spread the word more effectively among night users.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

camping at the springs

sycamorelaughing 1055October 13, 2003 10:58AM

Re: camping at the springs

LaughingBear 589October 13, 2003 08:55PM

Ron 570October 23, 2003 01:16PM

LaughingBear 1077October 23, 2003 08:53PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login