All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 18, 2003 01:27PM
No problem with multiple use of public lands from me Mr Auggie. The management of a multi use area needs to focus on preserving the public lands for our grandchildren to enjoy with their grandchildren. That is an opinion that is shared by many. Its seems as though you kinda have a cow chip on your shoulder in regard to me personaly however. Thankyou for letting me know about the proposed California Riding and Hiking Trail. I am interested in the proposed route . If you could provide some facts I would appriciate it.

If you have read posts here by me, I am pretty direct with what I have to say and avoid being cryptic. Since we have never met personaly nor have I ever insulted you, I have to wonder....why the attitude? Since I do own land in Juniper Flats, I am observant of the surrounding public lands. Being in such close proximity for many many years, I have enjoyed the multiple use benefits in many different ways. My main intrest is seeing our public lands enjoyed by all in a responsible way and not exploited by special intrests that cause degradation and damage in the intrest of profit to selected individuals.

An example is the strip mine out in Juniper Flats. The plan of operations for this mine calls for restoration work to be done after mining activity ceases. Even though this mine has been out of operation for years, no active restoration work has been done. An ugly scar that can bee seen for miles is all that remains.

What would Auggie like the local residents to do? Are we to put blinders on and pretend we are not aware of what is happening in our neighborhood?
The BLM has a long history of exploiting the lands they are stewards of at the cost of widespread damage to the natural ecosystems so that a select few can profit. John Q Public is unaware of what happens to remote areas until the damage has been done. All I am requesting from Auggie is he be a little more clear with the facts and leave the personal crap behind. Time to drop the rock and step up to the plate. Does Auggie represents the public as he claims, or is he representing special intrests?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Regarding William, Gail, ( Auggie)

auggie 1069September 18, 2003 12:28PM

Re: Regarding William, Gail, ( Auggie)

LaughingBear 751September 18, 2003 01:27PM

mojavegreen 671September 18, 2003 03:08PM

Paul P. 832September 18, 2003 05:18PM

Riding and Hiking Connectivity

mojavegreen 578September 18, 2003 06:10PM

Careful, Auggie!

mojavegreen 608September 18, 2003 04:05PM

LaughingBear 1023September 19, 2003 08:47AM

LaughingBear 1046November 16, 2003 08:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login