Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Welfare ranching threatens Deep Creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 19, 2003 01:38PM
Wow, what a time to come back to check on this old forum! Real issues! Well, let me add my own two cents! If cattle ranching were here long before us, what was here long before cattle? I think the land was healthier then. I like healthy land.

I am not a property owner and have never done any cattle ranching. I like cows just fine, but I do understand the degradation that cattle can cause to the land. (I also understand the energy inefficiency represented by raising cattle for food)

All of the residents in the Juniper Flats community with whom I have spoken are against the cattle grazing on public lands, for the reasons stated by Laughing Bear. Well, I can't say that I've talked to everyone, but the interesting thing about it, to me at least, is that this one issue is not, like so many others, divided along the lines of who does or does not agree with William and Gail and their Bowen Ranch agenda. People from both "sides" have spoken out against this cattle abuse of the land.

That gives me more respect for everyone concerned.

What does it mean to manage public lands? Auggie, I hope you are not one of the managers with that attitude! Maybe I missed something, as I haven't read through all the threads, but you seem quite hostile to the public and unconcerned about endangered species.

Hello to all you soakers out there!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Welfare ranching threatens Deep Creek

LaughingBear 965September 18, 2003 07:29AM

mojavegreen 575September 18, 2003 09:34AM

Paul P. 614September 18, 2003 10:53AM

Cattle Issue In Juniper Flats

auggie 645September 18, 2003 12:50PM

Re: Cattle Issue In Juniper Flats

mojavegreen 572September 18, 2003 03:52PM

LaughingBear 601September 19, 2003 08:34AM

sycamorelaughing 595September 19, 2003 01:38PM

Vandalsim at the old homesteader spring

LaughingBear 975September 19, 2003 05:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login