Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Cattle Issue In Juniper Flats

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 18, 2003 03:52PM
Careful about accusing others of having "little minds", Auggie. You are outgunned here intellectually and you know it.

I am not in the pocket of any special interest group. I represent an American tradition, the private land owner. I am also a member of the American public, which gives me an interest in public lands. Public lands were handed down as a trust and we are charged with their protection in behalf of the next generations.

Your last post reflects your usual negativity unsupported by facts. Plus, you are stepping beyond innuendo into straight B.S. That defines your assertion that the Juniper Flats cattle allotment is private property. Not to mention your claim that the allotment holder pays a "hefty price" for this privilege. Do you know how the price of leasing public land compares to the cost of leasing private land for grazing purposes? (That is a fact that your claimed store of knowledge should have at the ready). And tell me, do these grazing leases ever go up for competitive bid?

Don't B.S. me, Auggie, I was raised on a cattle ranch.

So how about coming back with those figures on grazing lease costs? Availability of leases for bid? How about quoting the "Haige Decision" for our little minds?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Welfare ranching threatens Deep Creek

LaughingBear 965September 18, 2003 07:29AM

Re: Welfare ranching threatens Deep Creek

mojavegreen 575September 18, 2003 09:34AM

Paul P. 614September 18, 2003 10:53AM

Cattle Issue In Juniper Flats

auggie 646September 18, 2003 12:50PM

Re: Cattle Issue In Juniper Flats

mojavegreen 573September 18, 2003 03:52PM

LaughingBear 603September 19, 2003 08:34AM

sycamorelaughing 597September 19, 2003 01:38PM

Vandalsim at the old homesteader spring

LaughingBear 976September 19, 2003 05:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login