Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Terrorist Attack

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 18, 2001 09:25PM
Dan I must say that I have been more prone to refer to my dictionary since a number of observations in this forum over this last year have been made about my less than amazing spelling :-) Using the dictionary has become somewhat of a habit :-) I'm still not overly concerned with spelling and grammer in my post. I didn't even think of using a spelling check from the computer. Is there one that can be used with the forum? Last Saturday evening after having a bit of my favorite wine I felt inspired to put into words on this forum some ideas of how I felt about all that had happened in the previous week. I can say with complete honesty that what I wrote was spontaneous and was not taken from any other source or materials. I have no wish to portray myself as something that I am not. What a feeling that must be for you to have been at the top of WTC 2 just days before this attack. The whole thing is such an awful waste. To think that men with anger in thier hearts and little knives could cause this calamity that will have dramatic repercussions in so many ways within our society. Unfortunately its a safe bet that we haven't seen that last of these persons with ill intent. The task of defending ourselves from these attacks will be very complicated, expensive and a real test of our long term resolve as a nation. It is an endeavor that for ourselves ( and for the rest of the civilized world ) is a task we must take on in order to maintain the freedoms that bring to our lives so many benifits not experienced by other cultures throughout the history of mankind. The world has always been a violent and dangerous place and successful societies have ebbed and flowed like the tides. America is at the top of its game right now and the big dog on the block but the fortunes of "all" past great empires have always changed in dramatic fashion. This recent terrorist attack is a wake up call to our nation that the tides are on the move again. I second your thought Dan that a good soak at OZ is in order and in fact I did just that with my two munchkins just last Sunday. It was such a fine time down there with my children in an environment of beauty and peace. One of the privileges I enjoy as being a free American!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Terrorist Attack

Wizard 1639September 16, 2001 12:20AM

cowpokejoe 853September 17, 2001 09:32AM

Dan 776September 17, 2001 11:31AM

Rick 791September 17, 2001 01:51PM

Wizard 776September 17, 2001 09:57PM

Dan 931September 18, 2001 06:15PM

Wizard 718September 18, 2001 09:25PM

EastBay 792September 19, 2001 11:30AM

Wizard 1202September 19, 2001 10:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login