All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 18, 2003 02:17PM
Deep Creek Hot Springs are beautiful. Everyone that posts on this forum really like the spot. I would say they are relatively easy to find and you can find the directions Deep Creek Volunteers put together at:

http://blacksbeach.org/dcdirect.htm

Be aware that the hike is significantly longer than what used to be at Miracle (so I am told as I never got there before they were destroyed). Be aware that it is summer so it is quite hot down there. It is best to hike out just before sunset when it gets a little cooler. Take pleanty of water and sunscreen lotion.

The tempearture of the hot pools varies between the different pools but the range is somewhere between 90 and 110, with the creek infront of the pools in the 70's in summer.

The hotsprings are day use only so camping is illegal and the forest rangers do go down and check on many weekend. Camping is legal at the Bowen Ranch for $5 per person per night.

Hope this helps.
Ron
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Any good?

james 1686August 18, 2003 02:03PM

Re: Any good?

Ron 709August 18, 2003 02:17PM

james 590August 18, 2003 02:26PM

Gary 628August 18, 2003 02:54PM

DCR 1093August 18, 2003 08:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login