Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Saturday At The Springs :-)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 09, 2003 10:06PM
My Daughters and I hiked down to DCHS today. We hiked in around 12 noon and it was breezy and hot. On the way down I noticed, at the point where the trail splits at the bottom, that someone has put a new, little, white and black sign, that has an arrow pointing one way which says " Steep ", and an arrow pointing the other way saying " Easy ". That was a good Idea, especially for new visitors who seem more inclined to go the hard way, Mo Fo Hill, since it is more in line with the trail. We got down to the creek and there was a pretty good sized crowd. I did not see any regulars who I am familiar with. The creek water is perfect for swimming and Amber and Lea had a great time cruising around the Lagoon, sometimes on Papa's back, and jumping from the small cliffs into the water up near the Arizona Pool. We took a break under the bushes in the shade, at the upper end of the Lagoon, where the creek runs into it. My daugters started throwing broken crackers into the water nearby and a whole bunch of good sized Catfish started swarming the area, as well as a lot of the other small fish. I found a bucket nearby and scooped up a couple of the catfish for my daughter to check out. They had fun watching and touching them. Things are looking bueatiful as usual, and I soaked up the sun, between dips in the creek with the girls. We started hiking out around 5:30 and on the way up passed some folks who had started out before we left. As we passed them they commented to Amber and Lea that they were impressed by thier hiking strength. Now I need to figure out a rope system for them to start pulling Papa up the hill. Gotta get my money's worth out of em :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Saturday At The Springs :-)

Wizard 1035August 09, 2003 10:06PM

Re: Saturday At The Springs :-)

Ron 991August 09, 2003 10:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login