Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Thursday at the springs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 08, 2003 12:06AM
Yes, it was an especially nice day at the springs! Not much trash, only the nicest and most respectful of people visiting, and very quiet all day long. I got to spend over an hour there all by myself, just watching and listening to all the birds and critters. Then I discovered that I wasn't alone after all, another person was sitting alone enjoying the solitude.

AZ Mike came down after tackling the grafitti on a couple more rocks. He's done over a dozen of them already, all by himself. By the time the DCV gets a grafitti removal day set up, there may be no grafitti on the trail to Bowen Ranch! Thank you AZ Mike!!! When he finished with that job he started cleaning off all the rocks around the pools and stream.

We took out all the trash at the springs except one broken glass bottle that we spotted on the way out. A visitor coming in on the trail agreed to look for it and take it out. The majority of trash was along the trail. We didn't get the stuff on "MoFo" hill, but recovered some that had been dropped along the trail.

I suspect that the grave we saw was that of the dog we were told about. Since you can't come back up to investigate it, I will see that it is looked into on Sunday. Then we can put our minds to rest about it.

Thank you for a great post! Peace.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thursday at the springs

Sam D. 1127August 07, 2003 11:16PM

sycamorelaughing 627August 08, 2003 12:06AM

LaughingBear 997August 08, 2003 08:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login