Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fox sighting

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 07, 2003 09:02AM
Funny you should mention that Rick, I had, over the years, seen a couple of dead grey colored foxes. One under a tree, near the Bowen Ranch trail, not to far from the springs. The other one was a few hundred yards upstream from the springs, around a real nice area of granite up there. I had never seen a live one. Then, about a month and a half ago, at a place I like to go near DCHS, towards sunset, I heard a barking sound, almost like a very small dog, on the hillside in front of me. There would be some barking, then it would stop. I, playing around, barked back, then funny enough, whatever it was, barked again. This went on for about five minutes. I thought, because of how it sounded, that it might have been a fox. But I never saw it that afternoon. Then, about 3 weeks ago, I was sitting under a tree in the same area, and suddenly I saw the fox, on a hillside in front of me. The fox was above a cliff, and was exploring around a bit. It went into a bush for a time, then came back out and stared in my direction. I could tell that it was aware of my presence. I watched the fox move around that hillside for about 5 minutes then it wandered off out of sight. Then later, that same day, after I had gone exploring another area, I came back to this same spot that I saw the fox. I really didn't think I would be seeing that fox ever again, but supprisingly enough, the fox popped out of the bushes, in the same area I had seen it before. This time it disappeared rather quickly after coming into view. I enjoyed having finally see a live fox down there. They are greyish, very small, with quite a large tail for thier size. I was talking to a friend about seeing this fox. I had always called them Silver Foxes, but my friend, said that it was probably more likely that it was a Kit Fox. I couldn't tell ya which it was. I also saw a live Beaver not too far from this same area. Its gettinn to be a regular Zoo down at OZ :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fox sighting

Rick 1088August 06, 2003 11:29PM

LaughingBear 600August 07, 2003 08:20AM

Wizard 618August 07, 2003 09:02AM

jobe 671August 07, 2003 01:33PM

Rick 559August 07, 2003 04:36PM

LaughingBear 598August 07, 2003 05:03PM

Rick 773August 07, 2003 05:22PM

LaughingBear 983August 07, 2003 07:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login