Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

a job for volunteers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 16, 2003 06:55AM
When I was at the springs recently, I got to see the results of AZ Mike's cleanup of graffiti on the rocks. One particularly large rock had been a real mess, but it looks great now. That got me thinking...the DCV had a spring cleanup day for trash and it went very well. What if we schedule a fall cleanup for graffiti removal? We wouldn't want to do it in the scorching heat of summer, but once the weather cools off maybe we can.

It is also possible that the USFS might contribut to our efforts by helping with the costs of that expensive graffiti remover. Never hurts to ask, anyway. DCV has not discussed this yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there on the forum first and see what kind of interest there is in doing it. Non-members who care about the place (or about rocks, anyway) might want to join the effort. If enough people help, we could clean every contaminated rock on the trail from Bowen Ranch to the springs...and that is quite a few rocks. Since I don't access any other way, I don't know if graffiti is bad on those other trails or not.

So...who likes this idea?

(William and Gail say they care about the springs...want to join us? Just some hard work for the place you love...and there will be a group of people there so you can feel safe.)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

a job for volunteers

sycamorelaughing 1076July 16, 2003 06:55AM

Re: a job for volunteers

Ron 697July 16, 2003 07:22AM

Arizona Mike 705July 16, 2003 12:57PM

sycamorelaughing 610July 16, 2003 02:28PM

Gary 711July 17, 2003 08:07AM

sycamorelaughing 1117July 17, 2003 11:03AM

LaughingBear 621July 16, 2003 03:54PM

sycamorelaughing 626July 16, 2003 06:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login