Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Woohoo, I made it to the springs!!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 29, 2003 02:51PM
Glad to hear from you, swimbikerun. The trail across the stream from the hot pools is what I call the Bowen ranch trail and you come out on the hill over there. The Pacific crest trail is the one that follows the deep creek. It crosses the deep creek in several places. Also the p.c.trail crosses hwy. 173 at the 2nd place I mentioned to you. So if you acces from here park on the right and go to the right. As going left there goes to the Cajon pass.
To get to the Bowen ranch do this: From the L.A. area go north on I 15 through the cajon pass. Turn right on Bear valley road this is east. Go @ 10 miles. The road is 6 lanes wide at 1st then it becomes 4 lanes then 2. Then there is a stop sign, this stop sign is Central ave. turn right or south. At @ 1 mile there are rail road tracks then a steep hill. Once you crest this hill turn left on ocotillo road. This is the 1st paved road. you will be going east again. Follow this road @1+1/2 mile till it becomes dirt. After @200 yards is a sign that w/Bowen ranch road on it turn right. After @ 7 miles of wash board road is a small house pay the toll road operator. 4$ per person for the day +5$ for after dark.
If you want to inprove you condition I suggest you do the @5 mile hike from the trail where hwy 173 pavement starts or ends. It is georgeous, esspecialy early in the morning.
Did you get to drink any of the spring water? Every time I go there I get enough to put some in my fridge. Yes it is the best.
Also did you bring a camera ? Or get a brochure from the Deep creek volunteers. Careful who or what you get your pictures of :~)
Enjoy, others wish they were.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Woohoo, I made it to the springs!!

swimbikerun 1106June 29, 2003 12:53PM

jobe 673June 29, 2003 02:51PM

Rick 640June 29, 2003 04:18PM

jobe 1203June 30, 2003 01:47PM

sycamorelaughing 632June 29, 2003 05:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login