Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Friday at the springs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 29, 2003 08:57AM
Hi Sam,
Thanks for the work Friday. I was there Saturday and heard about it, and also about Arizona's efforts to remove graffiti from rocks. I grabbed about a hundred of those pesty cigarette butts to carry out, and as much trash as I could cram in my backpack. We had our DCV meeting, which I will be posting the minutes from later today, and found a few people willing to carry out just a little more than they carried in, but a thorough clean-up will take a more concerted effort, especially for that upstream area.

Once again, we found that the majority of visitors were following the rules and doing their part to help keep the area clean. A big thank you to all of them!!
And thanks to the rangers for the increased presence!

DCV membership is growing, more people are aware of the rules and the reasons not to break them, and I am hopeful that the springs area will become cleaner and stay cleaner longer through the combined efforts of the DCV and other visitors who really care about the springs. Since usage is increasing and local communities growing still larger, this will take some committed efforts and I personally thank all who take any part in that!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Friday at the springs

Sam D. 1157June 28, 2003 12:34AM

sycamorelaughing 634June 29, 2003 08:57AM

LaughingBear 679June 30, 2003 09:22AM

Arizona Mike 655June 30, 2003 11:39AM

Gary 1088June 30, 2003 01:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login