All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 28, 2003 12:34AM
Just got home tired and weary from a wonderful day at the springs. There were about 30 people altogether. The place looked pretty trashed. I gave appropriate burial to about 200 cigarette buts probably leaving another 300 to live another day. Amongst regulars I saw Arizona Mike who brought a saw to cut a huge dead tree that somebody brought close to the creek.
With all the fire danger this season it would be eminent that some moron sets it on fire. We cut the tree into 3 pieces and floated down the creek. Hopefully the tree will absorb enough water to make it nonburnable. At the end of the day a ranger came in to give tickets to people having grills going. That forced everybody who planned to stay overnight to leave. Too bad he can't come everyday. I filled up the trash bag Mike AZ gave me and
then some but the area up the stream is really filthy. In any case, the main creek is warm enough to swim and the pools are too hot to stay for any extended period. Bring sunscreen and trash bags.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Friday at the springs

Sam D. 1158June 28, 2003 12:34AM

Re: Friday at the springs

sycamorelaughing 635June 29, 2003 08:57AM

LaughingBear 680June 30, 2003 09:22AM

Arizona Mike 657June 30, 2003 11:39AM

Gary 1089June 30, 2003 01:01PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login