All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 13, 2003 09:09PM
Mike Castro's favorite disciple, spokesman, mouthpiece, what ever you want to call him, also informed me that my post discussing the open routes and thier names specifically, really showed that I didn't care for DCHS because I was advertising ways to get there. So what does this disciple think I should do when discussing access issues at the DCHS forum, use special, secret, code words ? Its just a blantant example of the double standard being put out by the Bowen Ranch Core Group. If we want to consider again a TRUE advertisement we need look no further than the advertisement sheet given out at the Bowen Ranch. Look at its first page, a story book, ginger bread looking house, complete with a smiling face. Off to the right is a small sign which says " Hot Springs " and has an arrow pointing down a little path which winds its way in the direction of the setting sun. Just warms your heart, eh! Of course the " real " Bowen Ranch image would never be appealing for an advertisement like this. This page is not designed to inform visitors to DCHS, it is designed to entice, and attract, more visitors by presenting the appealing image of an adventure to be had at the Bowen Ranch. Yes, it is about bringing more visitors to the springs! More visitors means MORE MONEY! The Bowen Ranch Core Group ( BRCG ) always down plays this money angle. This advertisement is about bringing in more customers for Mike Castro's business, money he makes from the people who access through the Bowen Ranch Toll gate. At the bottom of this front page is written " The Bowen Ranch " copyright 1992 Mike Castro. Lets see 1992, about the time Mike Castro dumped the group trying to form the Friends Of Deep Creek and made his end run around thier interest of getting the Bowen Ranch for the BENIFIT OF ALL DCHS HOTSPRINGS VISITORS. With his BAG -O-CASH he got the lease on the Bowen Ranch for himself. He just couldn't resist those dollar signs in his eyes, he's not stupid. He cleaned up the Ranch, made this advertisement, even put up a cutsie little welcome sign near the Bowen Toll Gate. All done to create his new business based on visitors to these popular springs. I wonder how much Mr. Castro makes in a year, at four bucks a head. So it is clear that the Bowen Ranch IS a business, and they advertise for the purpose of increasing visitation to DCHS and yet, the BRCG folks feel compelled to try and make me a scapegoat for the ills at DCHS, all because I merely mentioned some public open routes on a public forum. Its an argument that is so full of holes that you can see right through it with ease. Now another part of this equation is the BRCG's double standard regarding access and what it represents. If the MASSES go through the Bowen Ranch then everything is cool, but if a portion, even a very small portion of those same MASSES accesses around the Bowen Ranch then those same folks suddenly become destructive monsters who's only intent is wrecking DCHS. The BRCG folks have a SEVERE CASE OF DENIAL in thier thoughts that ALL the bad people go around the Bowen Ranch. If you were to do a survey, at the springs, of the visitors, of where they came in, how they found out about the place, and could know in some way how each person impacted the springs, you would find that the VAST MAJORITY of the people who do degrading acts at DCHS access through the Bowen Ranch. I have seen enough in many years of visits to know this is true without question. The BRCG people just don't want to admit that thier advertising, thier business, is the conduit to the springs that brings the masses, and with them the troubles they cause at DCHS. They use thier smoke and mirrors tactics of pointing fingers at people who access around the Bowen Ranch, saying they are the problem people for the springs. Just go out on the open routes as I do and you will see how few people are really out there. On summer weekends as I head to the springs on the open routes I can look across to the Bowen Ranch parking area and thier are lots vehicles. On the open routes you might see a few at most. So my point in all of this discussion is that the BRCG folks are just citizen who happen to own a little turf in the area. They need to stop denigrating people who access around the Bowen Ranch, people like me who access by free, public routes to a public place of DCHS. If we want to talk about our experiences on an internet forum like this one, we have a right to do so, just as the BRCG people have a right to talk about thier access. More and more public access routes have been closed in the vicinity around the Bowen Ranch in recent years. The Bowen Ranch is a private property controlled by an individual with his own interest. Routes 4 and 3 should remain and ACCESS OPTION for the general public. Access to a public place like DCHS should never be COMPLETELY CONTOLLED by a private citizen, a public person who's business is to make money from visitors to that public destination.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ADVERTISING DCHS

Wizard 1082June 13, 2003 09:49AM

Re: ADVERTISING DCHS

Wizard 599June 13, 2003 10:26AM

LaughingBear 634June 13, 2003 11:49AM

jobe 771June 13, 2003 04:09PM

Paul P. 686June 13, 2003 04:49PM

LaughingBear 703June 13, 2003 08:56PM

Wizard 1972June 13, 2003 09:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login