All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 07, 2003 09:55PM
Hopefully, the 25 brochures that I put in the new DCV box, at the beginning of trail 3W02 last Saturday, were taken by visitors, that is what we are seeking in our group effort. It will be interesting to see how long the DCV BOX survives. Ron, I think its time to share the information of your discussion with Brad Burns regarding the cutting work on the Route 3 trail. I believe, that Ron and I will both agree, that the future well being of DCHS is in the hands of the USFS, and also very much in the hands of those of us who regularly frequent the area. We as visitors, do represent a force far larger than anything the USFS can muster in terms of protecting the precious gem of those springs. I intend on working with the USFS, and the DCV group, to achieve what we can, toward this goal of keeping the springs a special place to visit. I do not make money from the visitors to these springs. My efforts, of many years, have not been about monetary gain. It has been a show of my caring for the unique environment of DCHS and Deep Creek, and, from my feelings that others could share in its ambience, as a little piece of paradise, on this sphere we live on. I expect nothing in return, my energy in the area of OZ is my gift to that place I love. Of course, I am certainly, not the only one, who shows thier feelings for these springs in concrete ways. There are so many good folks who have the same respect for that place, and show it in such amazing ways. We, together, are the force that " can " make a differance. The future of DCHS is coming fast. Lots of interest, the internet, books, word of mouth, more and more people will be coming. There is " money " to be made, and, there are those of us who " just " want to see Deep Creek Hot Springs be there for the visitors in the future, as it has been for them in the past, no dollars in " our " pockets in this endeavor. OZ will go on and on, we shall see how its story unfolds.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Meeting Minutes

sycamorelaughing 1026June 06, 2003 07:01AM

Re: Meeting Minutes

LaughingBear 611June 06, 2003 04:35PM

Paul P. 677June 07, 2003 09:38AM

Ron 628June 07, 2003 10:28AM

Ron 676June 08, 2003 07:40AM

Paul P. 1155June 08, 2003 04:56PM

Wizard 748June 07, 2003 09:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login