All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 09, 2003 04:15PM
Hi, my wife and I live in L.A. and I've been up to DCHS about a dozen times over the years. Last fall we went up there and there was a sign posted at the Bowen Ranch saying the Springs was closed.

After driving all that way, we weren't satisfied with that, and no one was at the house to ask, so we drove on down to the parking area. Found a couple people and they said they were just down there and it was surely open.

What was up with the sign, then?

And to prevent our driving all that way and then finding it closed, or inaccesible, is there a way to contact the Bown Ranch or anyone else who would know? Or is there just this Forum to check? Seems like just coming here and seeing if someone had reported back recently might be good enough... But I was just wondering if there might be a phone line or something to call...

I never knew about this forum until just now, but Im very happy to have found it and see that there is some sort of a DCHS community...

I've been to over a dozen hotsprings, both natural and "improved" types, and DCHS is one of the most beautiful I've been to. I like to go at least 2-3 times a year, but not in the rainy season when I consider the trail a bit dangerous.

Thanks for the info.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is there a way to contact Bowen Ranch? or ?

miguelbgood 1217May 09, 2003 04:15PM

Re: Is there a way to contact Bowen Ranch? or ?

sycamorelaughing 597May 09, 2003 04:50PM

Wizard 707May 09, 2003 07:32PM

miguelbgood 690May 10, 2003 01:44PM

Rick 1704May 10, 2003 04:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login