All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 29, 2003 03:48PM
Glad to help . The eaziest way in is to follow the yellow brick road . Am I right Wiz ? I have found it to be even easier to dream my self there . Kidding aside , there is a trail I call the trail of least resistance . To get there go through the Cajon pass north on the 15 freeway to Bear valley road . Bear valley road has Victorville on the north and Hesperia on the south side of this six lane road . After several miles it becomes four lanes and then two lanes . Then there is a STOP sign , this is Central road , turn right . After 1&1/2 mile there is a rail road crossing .Then a steep hill , once you crest this hill there is a paved road on the left , this is Ocotillo road , turn left . After about 1&1/2 miles Ocotillo road becomes dirt . Continue about 150 yards to a sign that says Bowen ranch road , turn right . After @ 7 miles on this some times wash board road you happen upon a shack of a house called the Bowen ranch . If you have a low clearance car it is probably best to pay the 4 bucks and park here. However if you own a truck or high clearance suv , make a u turn and go back toward town @ 100 yards there is a road on the left . This road is marked JF3 follow this dirt road through the juniper forest about 1.8 miles to a sign marked JF 4 , turn left go @ 100 feet and you will need to turn left again the road is marked JF4 again . Go .5 mile you come to a steep hill and a forest boundry sign . You will need a 4 wheel drive to continue . Soo I suggest you park in the large parking area before this hill . Remember , the sun rises in the east and sets in the west . Once you get parked look to the south west there is a ridge with a trail on top of it . Follow this ridge south west to some boulders . The trail of least resistance starts here and goes @ 1 mile to the main trail and then about .3 miles to the springs or Oz . Remember it is almost all down hill from the trail head to the springs . But coming back is reverse . A change in elevation of @ 1000 feet . About the mineral content of the water at the springs . Almost no minerals . About 8 or 9 years ago as I was traveling to the springs I happened upon to pretty women wearing lab coats and city shoes . As I inquired about their dress they informed me that they were from Orange Coast Comm. college . And they were doing chemical analisis of the water . They said " the 1st test they did showed no minerals in the water what so ever ." So they now had permission to use the parts per billion machine at Fullerton State . I gave these women my adress and asked them to send the results of their test to me . They did , the results stated the h2o was 99.999999999999% pure h2o . The trace elements were so small as to be neglegentable the document said . The trace elements were Alum , Boron , and Lithum . I was so excited I ran to my friend Mike Castro and gave him the document which he posted at the Bowen ranch for several monthes . But what happened to it I do not know . Please leave the springs a better place than you find it .
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Easier Way In?

Josef 1119April 28, 2003 12:56PM

Re: Easier Way In?

JOBE 613April 29, 2003 03:48PM

Wizard 603April 29, 2003 09:35PM

Josef 633April 29, 2003 10:08PM

LaughingBear 725April 29, 2003 10:27PM

sycamorelaughing 1075April 30, 2003 10:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login