Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: DCV meeting minutes

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 30, 2003 08:25AM
Thanks Sycamore and Paul for posting the minutes. I would like to just clarify a few points.

1) The sign that Sycamore mentions will be on the box where the brochures will be at the trailhead. It will just be on the inside (facing out) of the acrylic box that Van is getting.

2) Logo: It was also mentioned that it should represent as much as possible what is described in our mission statement (ie. family oriented, clothing optional, respect this paces, etc). Everyone liked the quality and oval shape that Gary produced very much. There was also some talk about maybe using a backround photo of of a larger area that may be more representative of the entire springs, and that maybe the oval should be sideways to better accomodate this. It was further discussed that the order of the initials DCV with the "V" in the backround behind the other letters, could be interpreted as DVC. A further opinion was that we might not need the initials at all as we are putting in "Deep Creek Volunteers" on the blue rim above the photo, this way that photo would be more visible. In regards to the photo there was some talk about presenting Gary with a few options taken by other people that he could use as a backround, although he may have others of his own. I would suggest that Wizard and anyone else that feels like it, look through their collection and email me their best one or two photos and I can share them with Gary.

We also mentioned that having just a couple in the photo, did not only not reflect the family atmosphere, but that could be interpreted by most of society in a "sexual conotation" that we do not want to infer. Ideally, the people shown would be relaxing and the children playing. This maybe a lot to try and acomplish in a log, but if you consider how long it took us to select a name, this discussion is going a good deal faster.

Gary, Thanks for your work on the logo, and your openness to sugestions. I still like the idea of "Respect this Place - Take only Footprints" as it reflects both the karma of the place and the "leave not trash" idea in a more positive light. Of course we could probably come up with a collection of similar messages like "come, relax, and enjoy nature at it's best". It was also mentione that Gary was going to be at the springs on Friday morning, so Wizard, AZ Mike and I were going to try and accomodate our schedules to make it up there, but of course there were no gurantees.

3) Website: We actually have two offers. A friend that hosts the Black's Beach Bares website at www.blacksbeach.org has offered to lend us some space for free while we get started. At our meeting it was decided to accept and post the six sections of our approved brochure. I will be following up on this option.
The second option is to set up a site ourselves, but maybe a joint site with "Friends of San Onofre" who are also looking into getting their own site. This way we could share the cost but we might have a problem with finding a url address.
The forum was discussed briefly, but I still can't see a way of having a open Forum without it becoming a ranting or bashing session regarding Mike Casto or Katrina, unless we have censorship that I prefer not to have. That's what led into the discussion of if members should or should not reply on this forum and the Wizard refers to in a separate port. We went back over what had already been decided on this issue a couple of meetings bachk and is part of our internal welcome package for new members. In regards to the website, for the time being we will keep it simple.

4) We did discuss briefly signs down at the springs with a sheet of paper between two sheets of flexiglass or some other more resistant material. However, we felt that the brochure had two small print and two much information for someone to read on a signs. So it was decided that I would work on a simplified version that could serve as a sign and present it at our next meeting. Once the group has approved it we would need to submit the idea to the USFS.

5) We discussed briefly the negative feedback we recieved that Sycamore very nicely covered and replied to in a separate post. Most felt that it was unjustified and uncalled for but accepted the reality that there will be a few people that will always critize and disagree with some of the views and positions we express. Other items mentioned is that as part of our meetings I will inform the group of changes in membership since the last meeting. It also was mentioned that we have been receiving donations (Wizard is our number one donor) and contributions as a result of TNS memebership applications. So far we have $75 and at this time no bank account has been opened due to the low amount and to avoid fees. Instead I have the funds set aside and will take a simple ledger to each meeting for anyone to review if necesary.

Well this is everything else I could think of. Sycamore, did you recieve the sample logos I emailed you? Celtfire I will try and email you Gary's logo as well so that you can see what we are discussing us. Are you considering joining us?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCV meeting minutes

sycamorelaughing 1103April 27, 2003 11:21AM

Paul P. 754April 27, 2003 08:15PM

celtfire 742April 27, 2003 09:17PM

Gary 635April 27, 2003 09:43PM

Ron 933April 30, 2003 08:25AM

sycamorelaughing 1065April 30, 2003 10:23AM

Wizard 679April 30, 2003 08:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login