Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Katrina Please Stop the War 2

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 20, 2003 11:16PM
To continue the old thread:

Wizard wrote:

Blue Corn, like I said before, if you have some specific question to ask me about my words here, or my reason for stating what I have, ask away. Emotion is part of life, it makes life worth living. Do you live a life without emotion Blue Corn ? Tell me, do you think the concept of objective is a fixed thing, set in stone? I don't. Do you live your life in part, to achieve a sense of pride and what is pride to you ? I write here simply to express my opinion on various subjects that I feel are important enough for me to respond to, I do not think of these words pride and objective when I write. To my mind, you speak in a vague fashion. You seem to offer up that what I have written here recently lacks clear thinking. Be specific, make your point clear so that I will have something to respond to. Concerning your ideas of mirrors and peoples troubles within, this idea you hold as a truth, is not something I would say represents an accurate representation of what I have seen in my life experience, in other words, I don't agree with that notion. Reasonable in terms of access to DCHS is of course a realative idea, if you are old and infirm reasonable access is quite a differant thing than if you were young and fit. You know Blue Corn, if you want to, you can hike 15 miles to DCHS, I'm happy with the current " reasonable " open routes for my access :-) You use the word heart as describing where katrina fights her war with Mike Castro. What is the heart, not an organ pumping blood in this case. It is an idea in your mind that is unique to your thinking. A vague concept that will be defined differantly by every person, is that objective, is that truth, is it real :-)

I reply:

You brought up alot of good questions, most of which I dont have the answer to. What is objective, what is subjective? Hum... I guess I do belive somethings are objective from any viewpoint. But if we look at quantum physics we discover that even the act of viewing changes the nature of what is viewed so this can be disputed. Thats worthy of a whole series of discussions. But what I was trying to express here in the tread is that the less a person is emotionaly tied to the outcome of a situation the more objective one can be in ones awareness of the situation. Because of this flags start being raised in my mind when people have a personal benefit from an outcome: such as DCHS Inc. taking over the Bowen Ranch. Flags also start getting raised in my mind when discussions start to turn into something resembling an adult version of high school gossip. Do you know what I mean? Remember high school? Our group against this group or person? Or spreading gossip about one person? This pulls the conversation into the subjective.

Interesting point about what I mean by "heart". Perhaps I am wrong, but I assume that when I use the phrase, "in your heart", people understand that I am not talking about biology but something deeper. Sure there are many words I could have used: soul, inner being, from a deep place, gut, and many others I cant think of right now- but I would hope that people know what I am talking about. I dont think that this concept is only in my mind: the idea is that Katrina seems to be operating from a very deep place to have invested so much time, effort, money, and her life in this thing against Mike Castro. I mean sure we may have suble differences in the way we understand what a persons 'heart' is, but it seems minor to the point that I am making.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Katrina Please Stop the War 2

blue corn 1418April 20, 2003 09:43PM

Wizard 717April 20, 2003 09:59PM

blue corn 620April 20, 2003 10:04PM

Wizard 594April 20, 2003 10:23PM

blue corn 545April 20, 2003 11:16PM

Wizard 899April 21, 2003 10:01AM

katrina island 591April 22, 2003 12:52PM

Wizard 589April 22, 2003 08:33PM

katrina island 582April 23, 2003 02:06AM

blue corn 588April 23, 2003 09:24AM

Wizard 1296April 23, 2003 05:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login