Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Katrina's Opinion: Wizard Objectively Developed an Opinion

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 20, 2003 09:33PM
I would point out that the post above by Katrina is essentially accurate except for this statement that says " Wizard has experienced Mike Castro's nasty side on more than one occasion ". In the times I have been around Mike Castro to date, he has not shown any aggression toward me in person. He did come up to my vehicle several times on the Moss Mill road when it was an access route to the springs, and was signed by the BLM as an open route. You could tell he was agitated but he has never threatened me. I want that to be clear. Last year my nephew was accessing through the Bowen Ranch with his girlfriend and mentioned to Mike Castro that his Uncle Van goes to the hot springs alot. Mike Castro went into a lengthy discussion ( or rant ) about what a bad guy I was. Well, my nephew is family and knows well what I am like, so Mike Castro,s wisdom was falling on deaf ears in thier case. Besides, his angst with me has nothing to do with my nephew and his girlfriend. There was no reasonable reason for him to occupy thier time on thier visit to the springs with his personal grudge against me. I know he doesn't like me because I speak up here about the negative deeds I believe he has perpetrated in the area. This word " objective " is being thrown around here at the forum lately. People will differ on what they " feel " is objective. I have an opinion of Mike Castro which has developed over a long time from my experience in the area and the many conversation I have had with people affected by him in a negative way. I think Mike Castro is a troubled man, with a side of him that is friendly and helpful to some folks, and another side of him that is very controlling and inclined toward negative behavior toward those that cross him or do things he doesn't like, thats my opinion. In his eyes and demeanor, in times I've been around him, I sense that there are angry sentiments that he struggles with within, and on occasion, these feelings boil to the surface and negative things occur. Its my understanding from some conversations that he carrys a weapon when he is out patrolling the area and I am concerned about that. Anger and weapons is never a good mix. Another thing I want to make clear is that even though I am hoping that a more peaceful atmosphere over time develops in the area around the Bowen Ranch that this does not mean that I will forget the lessons of past negative deeds which I believe have occured in relation to Mike Castro and his actions. Most occasional visitors to the springs, especially those who only go through the Bowen Ranch and are not in the position to have the background of personal acounts I've heard over the years will have basically no knowledge of any of this subject of negative actions as related to Mike Castro so its understandable that the are to put it simply " clueless " on this subject. Others just don't have a desire to take the time to explore the ideas from people on all sides of this contentious subject. I will, as always, keep watching and listening, and will speak out against unjust deeds which affect the peaceful visitors to this little paradise we love. Like my time at DCHS yesterday I am looking forward to the many future good experiences, with good people, I will have down there, and those of us who hold special feelings for that place will continue to help it in what way we can.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Katrina's Opinion: Wizard Objectively Developed an Opinion

katrina island 1775April 20, 2003 02:38PM

LaughingBear 707April 20, 2003 09:10PM

Wizard 652April 20, 2003 09:33PM

blue corn 749April 20, 2003 09:50PM

sycamorelaughing 737April 20, 2003 09:48PM

blue corn 694April 20, 2003 10:16PM

Wizard 726April 20, 2003 10:38PM

Observer 656April 24, 2003 06:48AM

celtfire 762April 26, 2003 05:25PM

Wizard 717April 24, 2003 10:19AM

Ron 724April 24, 2003 10:12PM

Wizard 728April 24, 2003 07:54PM

DCV independence

katrina island 1233April 27, 2003 11:53PM

Wizard 731April 25, 2003 08:24AM

Wizard 650April 27, 2003 11:50AM

sycamorelaughing 732April 27, 2003 09:39PM

Wizard 665April 27, 2003 10:35PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login