Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Message From Gary

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 02, 2003 09:20AM
All,

I've exchanged some e-mails with Rick to try and resolve the problem... and tah dah! He has changed things back to no logon required. For now.

Anyway, I had a great weekend at the Springs! I actually visited both Friday and Saturday since I don't know when I'll be able to get back. And what a great couple of days it was. Friday I met a couple of "first timers" who were from the area near where I used to work in Pico Rivera. We hiked down together and I gave them the "tour" of the area. They were pretty impressed with Deep Creek on their first visit.

Saturday was a nice mellow day with everyone there. I just love this time of year when the creek is flowing fairly heavy and it creates some great pools upstream around the huge granite rock formations in the creek. I took a few nice photos which I'll have to upload to the Wizard's site when I get them scanned in. I also got some great "close up" shots of a huge lizard I encountered on the hike back out on Saturday. There's always something unique with each trip to Deep Creek.

That's pretty cool that the "Tree Cops" (Forest Service folks) joined in with the volunteers for the clean up. I ran into about 5 of them on the hike out and chatted for awhile before heading back to the car in order to catch my flight back to Utah.

Thanks again to you all for your hospitality and the great association on Saturday afternoon. By the way, great job on the "Welcome to Deep Creek Hot Springs" brochure!

I'll have to fill out the information and send my volunteer information in to the volunteer hotmail account. I'd like to keep up with what's going on. Heck... I've even got some ideas for a DCV logo and have even played around with something on the computer. Maybe something will come of it soon.

Well, better run... I do have some work to do every now and then.

Keep up the good work and happy "Hot Pottin"

-Gary

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Message From Gary

Wizard 1094April 01, 2003 07:45PM

sycamorelaughing 549April 02, 2003 07:56AM

Gary 571April 02, 2003 09:20AM

Wizard 561April 02, 2003 08:59PM

Ron 1080April 10, 2003 11:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login