Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Lots of Rain

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 16, 2003 10:40AM
I did some hiking along the PCT in the area around DCHS yesterday. It rained some on the hike into the canyon and then the sun came out briefly around 1 PM. The rain then began again moderately. It was warm enough to hike with my sweat pants rolled up and my Teva's on. I wore a rain suit top and if you cut the top off a big trash bag and step into it, tuck it in at the top into your pants it keeps the rain mostly off your legs. Its starting to get real green along the creek and on the hillsides. The flowers will be kicking into high gear this week. Its really peaceful walking along the creek and checkin out the scenery. It rained harder and harder up until near sunset. When I began my hike back out of the canyon the creek was beginning to rise rapidly from all the rain. Last night at my home I woke up around 1:30 AM and looked outside and there was a deluge of rain occurring so if this amount of rain was also falling in the mountains I'd say there will be some significant flooding at Deep Creek which will clean it out even more, thats great!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lots of Rain

Wizard 1069March 16, 2003 10:40AM

Re: Lots of Rain

Nevada Naturist 586March 16, 2003 11:30PM

Re: Lots of Rain

Wizard 1084March 17, 2003 07:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login