Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Simply Amazing!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 15, 2003 01:17PM
I would love to talk about fun events and wildflowers instead of this violence. These violent acts are ongoing, deliberate and against numerous people. As a concerned person when my fellow man is being harmed, I am speaking out about these injustices. Violence is not fun or funny. Violence is affecting Deep Creek through the person of Mike Castro at the Bowen Ranch.

It is unfortunate for Deep Creek and its visitors that violence and fear are a factor in their journeys to this special magical place.

One of the aspects of this special place is that it is permanently located in San Bernardino County. San Bernardino County does things like the corrupt old wild west show. This place, Deep Creek, was once peacefully enjoyed by the Serrano Indians. It was taken from them by force and death. San Bernardino was a Mormon settlement and has a colorful history in mining / logging in the mountains, outlaw hideouts in the desert and orange groves in redlands. They used to make moonshine along Deep Creek and Paradise was once a brothel.

Lately we have been the lucky people to enjoy these healing waters. Lucky in that we can be there and receive rest and rejuvenation. It is like entering into another dimension.

But Deep Creek is surrounded by the darkness of San Bernardino County and its criminality. All these years with a violence presence at the Bowen Ranch. Violence begets violence. Criminality begets criminality. Lawlessness encourages more lawlessness.

We pay a high price for the privilege in that the hotspringers are subjected to an atmosphere of violence and pain. As long as we pay the toll and are quiet about what goes on there, some of us can enjoy the hotsprings in peace for awhile. The issue is divisive and the government agencies have an involvement in creating this violent atmosphere and divisive issue. The government agencies also have plans for the area that will affect its entire future. This is happening right now as I write here. No matter what our opinions are, let's pay attention to what these agencies are planning for Deep Creek.

In the meantime, DCHS, Inc. will continue with legal and peaceful means to alleviate the violent presence and take the issue to court.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Simply Amazing!

Craig 944March 13, 2003 08:43PM

Wizard 557March 14, 2003 09:05AM

katrina island 594March 15, 2003 01:17PM

Re: Simply Amazing Craziness!

Neutral Observer 576March 15, 2003 03:35PM

JOBE 554March 17, 2003 07:57PM

Craig 528March 19, 2003 04:44PM

Wizard 1029March 19, 2003 09:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login