All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 03, 2003 08:24PM
In this article Paul Tavares, the county's code enforcement chief apparently took action against these people because they were operating and illegal business by the code enforcement rules. Paul Tavares is quoted as saying " technically, thats operating a commercial business ", and he also said " People are charging money and providing a service ". Now from what I can see from this article, these were private citizens charging the public to park on thier private land to provide protection for the vehicles from being vandalized. So a fee was taken and a service was provided. Paul Tavares felt compelled to close down these peoples operation because they held no business license and to obtain one they would have to make significant improvements to meet certain requirements. Now as far as I can see this is exactly the same type of situation you have at the Bowen Ranch. Fee's taken on private property for the purpose of providing security for vehicles. My brother has told me that the fact that Mike Castro earns money from taking a fee, even if it's on his private property still makes it earned income and subject to taxes and a business license. So my question is why doesn't the county's code enforcement respond in like manner to the circumstances at the Bowen Ranch? I believe that this is the point Katrina is making. I have talked to individuals who used to work at the Bowen Ranch under Mike Castro's direction and they have indicated to me that no reciepts were ever given out and money taken in was not recorded in any way. Is this true? Is this a case of various authorities looking the other way on this issue for some reason when it comes to Mike Castro and the Bowen Ranch business? It is my understanding that the code enforcement people have been contacted about this situation and thus far they have done nothing about it. Why have they not taken action? Anyone else have any concrete and provable information that could explain what appears to be unequal enforcement of the code enforcement laws.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bowen Ranch violates county codes

katrina island 1121March 03, 2003 02:04PM

Re: Bowen Ranch violates county codes

LaughingBear 715March 03, 2003 04:14PM

LaughingBear defends Mike Castro's right to place hotspringers health at risk

katrina island 660March 03, 2003 08:09PM

Re: LaughingBear defends Mike Castro's right to place hotspringers health at risk

katrina island 720March 04, 2003 01:16AM

Wizard 802March 03, 2003 08:24PM

Wizard 666March 03, 2003 08:45PM

katrina island 725March 04, 2003 01:18AM

LaughingBear 1290March 03, 2003 09:38PM

Wizard 755March 04, 2003 08:48AM

LaughingBear 732March 04, 2003 09:42PM

katrina island 1252March 05, 2003 01:03AM

LaughingBear 719March 05, 2003 06:23AM

Wizard 1756March 05, 2003 08:49AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login