Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mission Accomplished

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 05, 2003 08:53AM
I could not have been more pleased or happy with how I spent a Saturday! I would swear all the work was done by some elves, while the DCV members and the helpful nonmembers enjoyed a wonderful day getting to know each other and enjoying each others' company. I enjoyed a couple of good soaks in the Arizona pool and a visit to the "art gallery" of rocks. The springs area was cleaner than usual, at least in my experience, especially the area closest to the springs. We picked up whatever we saw before we left, and some trash along the trail.

THANK YOU!!!!! That is to everyone who packs out everything they bring plus just a little more. When enough of us do that, we aren't challenged as often with major cleanup days or too much extra baggage on the climb up the hill!!

One other person who should be mentioned is the volunteer who agreed to stay near the pool until very late to make sure that no one used it and to refill it after some time. A few of us talked to him, then AZ Mike asked him and he was very generous to agree to take that responsibility. So, I'm hoping to hear soon that the Anniversary pool is being enjoyed, and my thanks to all who have helped to make that happen, including the elves.

Ron also mentioned the abalone and arrowhead that were in embedded in the structure. I am so saddened by the fact that someone would do all that damage because they want to possess such trinkets!! Those items were the gifts of an artist (besides having no appreciable value) and should have been respected. That was the second time that the same area was broken for the same reason, so the gifts that we added in their place are not shiny and have no "value" at all. I'm hoping that that will solve the problem. Although I really used to enjoy looking at the shiny abalone pieces when I soaked, I guess it is better to leave them out. Too bad.

Peace to all.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anniversary pool repairs this Saturday

Sam D. 936January 02, 2003 09:57PM

Re: Anniversary pool repairs this Saturday

Arizona Mike 489January 02, 2003 11:59PM

Sycamore Laughing 718January 03, 2003 08:13AM

Laughing Bear 492January 03, 2003 08:45AM

Sam D. 537January 03, 2003 06:09PM

Laughing Bear 539January 03, 2003 09:21PM

Mike 565January 03, 2003 10:24PM

Ron 498January 04, 2003 08:06PM

Sycamore Laughing 489January 05, 2003 08:53AM

Sycamore Laughing 544January 05, 2003 08:24PM

Sycamore Laughing 495January 05, 2003 08:22PM

Ron 971January 06, 2003 09:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login