Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The Village Code Enforcement

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 16, 2002 12:58PM
It is unfortunate that Mike's property had developed into those hazardous conditions. The code enforcement notices of violations should have been taken as a warning to motivate him to clean it up. Actually when the Willow Fire occurred, FEMA was out there and did offer some assistance with removal of hazardous materials. Rick received some assistance with burned batteries. You would think that FEMA would have helped remove the rubble from the catastrophic wild fire from Mike's property also.

I agree that this was a no win situation that had to be dealt with and since Mike did not take appropriate action, there was no other choice. However, I hope that the county's attention will not affect the other residents of the Village. There are very few residences in the village that can pass the scrutiny of code enforcement.

Receiving a notice of code violation is not due process. There is an administrative process which includes hearings in front of an administrative judge and other notices. However, the administrative judges were found to have conflicts of interest by the 9th circuit court of appeals.

I will email you the documents that show that the BLM wants to acquire the land in the Village so that you can see for yourself. The new BLM plan calls for acquiring private land.

I encourage the improvement of the Village by yourself and other residents. However, I believe that the Village is still very vunerable to code enforcement. I will contact the other residents of the Village to ascertain their wishes concerning the website. My intentions are to protect the residents from abusive code enforcement and law enforcement activities.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Village Code Enforcement

katrina island 1330September 12, 2002 01:42PM

Laughing Bear 601September 14, 2002 10:01AM

Laughing Bear 583September 15, 2002 05:22PM

katrina island 607September 16, 2002 12:58PM

Laughing Bear 998September 17, 2002 09:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login