Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Positive Energy

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 13, 2002 07:57AM
Sycamore,

Let's start with what is important. I will not be at the Springs the last Saturday of this month and please see my latest post on the Group Update thread not to repeat myself.

I have now read the post you refer to so I can express my opinion fairly. I agree with your right to defend yourself from harrasment, and I would probably do the same. I do not defend Jobe's need to go up to the Bowen Ranch that night even if there are no "No Trespassing" signs at that end of the property, as I assume he knew his presence was not welcome. Whether this is fair or not is not irrelevant in my opinion. I also value your courage in speaking up a warning families with kids not to leave their kids alone in Jobe's presence as some people have raised issues in regards to his conduct. However, I clearly heard you tell Jobe that you wanted him to leave you alone at the springs, and the other issue can be expressed in two lines like I just did.

It is not up to me to decide if you "erred in responding further to responses", that is only your call and as I have said to AZ Mike, we all have the right to do so or exercise restraint. However, I find it difficult to consider the issues that Katerina raises against Mike Castro "accusations" while yours against Jobe are "opinions" as you expressed in earlier posts. Maybe it is just me that does not see this distinction. I tend to agree that if your concern is based on what a "group of people witnessed and Jobe has not denied", it is heresay and it would be up to that group of people to take the issues to the appropiate authorities. The fact that Jobe does not deny the issues does not make them true, otherwise we would need to consider that all the allegations made by Katerina against Mike Castro are true, and I don't beleive that is the case.

Jobe and Katerina would do well not to see this as a defense to their position. I have no evidence against them, but neither do I have any evidence to deny what is alleged against them or Mike Castro. I have only seen Jobe over enthusaticly welcome new families and show them around the springs, however I have never seen him play with himself, touch anyone inapropriately or anything that clearly would be inappropriate, at least in my presence. However, in today's society were these kind of stories get so much media coverage, we all tend to be suspitious of everyone. With this in mind Jobe would be wise to be a little less enthusiastic with families and especially children, and should be over cautious instead.

Till anyone produces true evidence that can be upheld in a court of law, I will listen to the warnings posted here, take the caution I feel necesary but reserve my judgement. I will uphold the idea of "innocent till proven guilty" that aparently originated in the Roman Empire many years before this country was ever born. I will apply this rule to all.

With this said I will not re-address this subject again, and look forward to working with you and with whomever wishes to join our group. If these subjects are raised during our meetings I will reserve my judgement and not respond for the reason just explained, and hopefully my silence will not be interpreted as that I agree or disagree with what is being said, only that in my opinion it does not belong in the context of the group discussion.

Thank you for all your input in the discussion in our last meeting, your willingness to compromise, and proof reading and input on our brochure. I have learnt that I can count on you to always express your opinion.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Positive Energy

Arizona Mike 1182September 10, 2002 09:55PM

Sycamore Laughing 1123September 11, 2002 08:21AM

Ron 615September 11, 2002 08:42PM

Arizona Mike 553September 11, 2002 11:17PM

Sycamore Laughing 535September 12, 2002 08:10AM

Ron 649September 13, 2002 07:57AM

Arizona Mike 521September 13, 2002 03:45PM

Sycamore Laughing 1029September 13, 2002 09:51PM

Ron 587September 13, 2002 08:33PM

Arizona Mike 537September 12, 2002 08:25PM

Ron 537September 12, 2002 10:37PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login