Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Meeting feedback

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 27, 2002 08:55PM
Thanks Sycamore for a very detailed and extremely accurate account of the discussion of all the topics covered on the brochure. Rather than post it here my intention was to open the PO Box and post it here so that all those interested could send a request to the PO box and I would mail it to them. The only reason I would prefer not to post it here is because all the format, bolding, etc would be lost and so it appears harder to read.

The only thing that I think you did not mention as part of your minutes but that we mentioned several times was the importance of these face to face meetings as opposed to the post and return post on the forum. The forum does not give us the opportunity to see if our message is being interpretted as the messenger intended and is subject to the interpretation and mood of the receiver. With face to face contact you have body language that helps clarify the intention of the messenger as well as the interpretation of the receiver, in addition to the immediate opportunity to difuse any misunderstanding before they escalate into a confrontaction like often occurs on the forum. That is why if we concentrate on the issues that concern us and try and attend more face to face meetings, I feel that consensus seeking is possible.

We also discussed that we will need to identify all the issues that would require a 2/3 majority, as well as what to do when we do not reach this consensus, but this kind of issue will need to be addressed as we start working on our internal organization in greater detail. At this time our priorities were to finish chosing a name and finalize and have Brad Burns approve a brochure we can start to use. We can then improve or modify that brochure going forward using the 2/3 rule.

We will probably not be hearing from Wizard till he gets back from burning man.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Meeting feedback

Sycamore Laughing 1392August 26, 2002 08:52PM

Sycamore Laughing 1222August 27, 2002 08:38AM

Laughing Bear 542August 27, 2002 09:16AM

Ron 583August 27, 2002 08:55PM

P.O. Box

Ron 575August 28, 2002 08:27PM

Re: P.O. Box

Naked Man 548August 29, 2002 04:14PM

Naked Man 547August 29, 2002 04:15PM

Ron 1083August 29, 2002 08:49PM

EastBay 560August 29, 2002 11:48AM

Naked Man 541August 29, 2002 04:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login