Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Importance of boundries and or laws

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 26, 2002 08:38PM
Naked Man,

I enjoyed been able to spend more time with you at the meeting yesterday and get to know you better. On this post you have me a little confused though. In your latest post you refer to a theoretical descrition of a plot of land that twice uses the word approximatelly. First "extending approximately 1/2 mile" and then "east approximately 1200 feet". If it is approximately how can this help us "then accurately determine property lines?" I know that in each case you make a reference to a road, tree, river, rock outcroping, etc. Unfortunatelly, roads can be redirected, trees transplanted or a new tree put in it's place, washes and rivers change over time and rocks can be buldozed or moved just like markers.

However the biggest concern is that in an earlier post you clearly suggest that we do not let ourselves get dragged into ownership disputes on this forum. I praise and applaud that idea as we discussed yesterday. But discussing a suposedly missing marker, is that not an ownership issue?

In my opinion it would be in that category. If Jobe has an issue of the missing BLM or USFS marker from the perspective of it been tax payers land he should report it to the corresponding authorities. Otherwise it is none of his business or any of ours for that matter as to the exact border between Mike's and Las Flores' land, just the two owners of these properties.

On the other hand if Mike does not want anyone walking on to his property from the BLM trail, he should set up a fence and no trespassing sign, and make and exception for his paying guests. Although I am not defending Jobe for walking over to check on the marker under the circumstances, I find it hard to say that he was at fault for walking on to Mike's property when he knew he was not welcome and "he knew where the property line started", and at the same time that his post of the arial photo to the web was inaccurate beacuse "he did not know where the property started". I don't see how it can be both ways for either side of the dispute.

With that said I will not continue this argument any further, and get back to the new groups agenda. I will continue to read your posts to the meeting thread regarding the brochure I presented on Sunday. I am waiting for Paul to post his notes of the meeting as we discussed he would do on Monday night and then take it from there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Importance of boundries and or laws

JOBE 1069August 26, 2002 01:53AM

Naked Man 602August 26, 2002 08:58AM

Arizona Mike 552August 26, 2002 10:31AM

Naked Man 563August 26, 2002 11:31AM

Wizard 1092September 04, 2002 09:11AM

G. Will Ambassador 568August 26, 2002 11:51AM

Naked Man 607August 26, 2002 01:13PM

Ron 526August 26, 2002 08:38PM

Sycamore Laughing 558August 26, 2002 09:48PM

Laughing Bear 550August 27, 2002 08:58AM

JOBE 542August 27, 2002 11:31AM

Sycamore Laughing 556August 27, 2002 12:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login