Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bowen Ranch & USGS Boundaries Link

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 24, 2002 08:00AM
Thanks for your efforts, but....

1) Your photo is very grainy and difficult to see details. Try again, if you don't mind, but this time use the LARGE MAP option at Mapquest and ZOOM IN to include only the Ranch and it's roads. THEN save it and mark it and repost it on the website. A highly detailed, zoom-in map is only 57KB, so there's no reason to skimp on the photo resolution.

Interested parties can go to Mapquest.com and look up the street address for the Ranch. 6221 Bowen Ranch Road, Apple Valley, CA 92308. I'd post the actual URL, but it's about 2 feet long and probably won't work as a link here. I could try, but it will probably be a waste of good electronswinking smiley

Once viewing the ROAD map, click the TAB at the top of the image to see an AERIAL PHOTO of the same location. ZOOM IN and REPOSITION to include only the Ranch and it's roads. Right-click on the image and you can SAVE it - SAVE PICTURE AS, or SAVE IMAGE AS, if desired for future reference. Of course, you'll need some kind of graphics program to view it.

2) It appears that you have placed the parking lot a bit too far south and west. You have it somewhere south and west of the main parking lot.

But, even in your grainy photo, the main parking lot CAN be seen just south of the "hairpin" turn on the road south of the Ranch buildings WITHIN the boundaries you've marked as the western edge of the property. You place the parking area in the clearing south of the orange "No Vehicles Beyond This Point" sign. No one parks there.

3) Assuming you've placed the USGS marker accurately, Mike's parking is indeed well within his own property!

I'm heading out there today, I think, and I'll find that USGS marker and see if you've put it in the right place. Unfortunately, I don't have a website, otherwise I'd prepare my own map with circles and arrows for all to see and put this issue to rest once and for all.

Anyone have any ideas? Hey! I'll even prepare my map and submit it to the webmaster at this site. Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants to have some accurate information for a change?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bowen Ranch & USGS Boundaries

G. Will Ambassador 1259August 24, 2002 01:16AM

Bowen Ranch & USGS Boundaries Link

G. Will Ambassador 644August 24, 2002 01:24AM

Naked Man 671August 24, 2002 08:00AM

Arizona Mike 636August 25, 2002 07:19PM

mapquest aerial photo of Bowen Ranch Buildings & parking lot

katrina 881August 24, 2002 02:29PM

Re: mapquest aerial photo of Bowen Ranch Buildings & parking lot

Naked Man 626August 26, 2002 09:55AM

katrina island 714August 26, 2002 01:12PM

Naked Man 660August 26, 2002 01:15PM

Re: Bowen Ranch & USGS Boundaries

Wizard 743August 24, 2002 04:30PM

Arizona Mike 653August 25, 2002 07:12PM

Arizona Mike 695August 25, 2002 07:43PM

Sycamore Laughing 1255August 26, 2002 02:17PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login