Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Want to get married at springs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 25, 2001 09:47PM
I got married when I was 20 and was married for eight years. Unfortunatly my first partner and I were not meant for eachother :-( I did like the simplicity of our wedding. I built us a camp site ( our first home :-) ) on an island where a stream had split and we lived there for 3 months. It was primitive lodgings but it was such and enjoyable time and I will never forget it! I visited my camp 15 years afterwards and it looked like no one had been there in 50 years. I was completly amazed at how fast nature had reclaimed the site. My camp was not strictly legal or built to code if you know what I mean :-) No one will ever find it since we were well hidden. I was working as a forestry firefighter at a ranger station that was 10 miles east of the town of Mc Cloud which is in Northern California, 20 miles to the east of the town of Mt. Shasta which is 60 miles north of Redding which is........ Ok I'll stop :-) It was such an amazing natural place with Mt. Shasta standing tall to the northwest and tons of outdoor stuff to explore. I love that whole Northern California area so much and we now own 20 acres near the eastern arm " Pit river arm " of Lake Shasta. I finally talked my brother into moving up there and he's bought 1600 acres about a mile from us. He is presently in the process of building his 7500 square foot home on top of a little moutain called Sugarloaf which is a few miles north of a " small " town called Ingot about 20 miles east of Redding on Highway 299. And my brother says I give bad directions :-) Ok you guys wake up and I'll get back to the original topic :-) Anyway a fellow firefighter was a minister and he married us at a spot on the Mc Cloud river. It was such a beautiful setting with lots of trees and meadows and the crystal clear stream waters. There was only the Minister both of us and two witnesses. Can't get much more simple than that. We didn't get any permit to do this, we just went out and picked a nice spot and did it. It was completely legal and we had no problems. I don't see why you couldn't do the same down at the springs. If thats what you want, just do it. Mr. Viejo, as a minister is there anything in this idea that would affect the legality of the marrige? I don't see why it would be any differant than my situation up in Northern Cal.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Want to get married at springs

Peter 1431May 25, 2001 04:46PM

Photo Buff 667May 25, 2001 06:48PM

Viejo Bill 674May 25, 2001 08:27PM

Wizard 653May 25, 2001 09:47PM

Peter 639May 25, 2001 11:59PM

Photo Buff 676May 26, 2001 08:12AM

Craig 1158May 26, 2001 10:57PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login