Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: If anyone doubts the intentions of Fee-Demo, Take a look at Canada

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 08, 2002 12:52AM
You know if you think about it, it makes sense for the Federal Government to manuever into this direction, its cheaper and their campaign contributions would increase. The recreational businesses running all the resorts would be so thankful they would be happy to contribute to their favorite politician.

Anyway, these type of scenarios are hard to visualize, something that people don't want to think about, you don't want to think your Government would commercialize our public land, however, this could become a reality.

Right now these politicians have been deep into bed with big business. Just look at Enron and all the other business fiascos recently.

However, public lands are owned by the people and it is possible for the people to become more powerful and have some affect on how these public lands are managed in the future. It is important to express your views about these issues to your representatives. There is power in numbers, I know that. Numbers equals votes.

There are local, state and national groups that are working on these issues. Find one that has similar views and become aware of upcoming changes.

The way public land is managed in the future is being decided today. Congress was mandated to manage the public lands. Check out what congress is doing on public lands. There are various committees on Forest Land. It is interesting to find out what they are discussing. I am sure right now they are discussing the huge monstrous fires in the West.

I have links on the Empowerment link to Congress and some of the committees that apply.

I think it is all going to end up in court. There are so many strong points of view.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

If anyone doubts the intentions of Fee-Demo, Take a look at Canada

free our forests 1160August 02, 2002 12:48PM

paul 563August 06, 2002 07:42AM

katrina 549August 08, 2002 12:52AM

free our forests 1017August 08, 2002 09:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login