All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 30, 2002 12:18AM
Rick, I am glad to say that you are wrong. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Department had a memorandum of understanding that authorized the Bureau of Land Management to enforce state laws on Federal Land. I have a copy of this agreement as I requested it from the sheriff's department.

Then when the county became upset with the Bureau of Land Management earlier this year concerning their treatment of the cattle ranchers and other issues, the county sheriff's department nulified their agreement with the BLM concerning state law enforcement and took away their dump permit.

I have this in writing also as I requested it from the Sheriff's department through the public records act.

In addition, I just happened to be talking to Bob Smith representative to County Supervisor Postmus two days ago who again confirmed that this is still the case.

The Bureau of Land Management is currently not authorized to enforce state law on Federal land.

The BLM would have to hold the person for the Sheriff's Department or California Highway Patrol. Bowen Ranch Road is under CHP jurisdiction.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BLM's take on public nudity

Wizard 5441July 29, 2002 11:56AM

Re: BLM's take on public nudity

DCR 964July 29, 2002 12:04PM

katrina 1002July 29, 2002 12:39PM

Rick 916July 29, 2002 10:13PM

Wizard 863July 29, 2002 07:48PM

katrina 1544July 30, 2002 12:18AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login