All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 26, 2002 02:04PM
DCR, You should have absolutely no problems with the Forest Service Rangers even if you were to be hiking nude in any of thier Forest Service lands that are not specifically mentioned to be a clothed area like the quarter mile rule from the road near Arrowhead lake. Brad made this abundantly clear that he will not be ticketing for just nudity in his area. This is however just Forest Service policy and I know for a fact now that say for instance you were walking through the lower parking lot and a sheriff was there or some civilian wanted to make a complaint about your nudity, you could be arrested by the sheriffs dept even though you were in Forest Service land and following thier recomendtions. As you said the last portion of land you cross on the Bowen trail while going north to the Bowen Parking area is in BLM lands so lets say a BLM ranger is sitting at the Bowen Parking area and sees you coming up the last portion of that road before it hits the Bowen Property, which means you would be in BLM land, and he sees you have no top on. What if they take a hard line on nudity in thier lands and decided to arrest you. That could be possible. Now its my understanding that Barry Nelso is the main enforcement ranger for the Bowen Ranch vicinity and he knows Mike Castro well so I would think he knows the nudity situation in relation to the DCHS area and I'm pretty sure he is also aware that Mike has no problem in allowing people to hike onto his property without cloths. So probably Barry goes along with this. The question is, would all of thier officers except and go along with this too if they were in the area. You might want to ask Mike Castro if he knows what Barry Nelson's take is on this. When Tim Reed calls me with his info on thier policy I will ask him about this topic specifically as well as try to get all pertinent information that might affect a nude person in thier area. I was planning on hiking to the lower springs with the Munchkins on Saturday also however when I mentioned going to the springs today to the kids Amber said she didn't want to go. She has said this at times before only to change her mind the next day. As my daugters get older they may lose interest in the springs environment as they begin to develop other interest with thier schoolmates and friends. Its certainly thier choice in my mind. If the Munchkins are both willing, we will see ya at DCHS tomorrow. If one of them or both say they don't want to go then of course I'm not going to force them to go. I'll do my best to bamboozle them into wanting to go :-) Dorthy unfortuatly is right in the middle of her companies big move this weekend and has to work both Saturday and Sunday or I'm sure she would join us. Hope we see you tomorrow, if not, I know you will have a great time as usual. Keep and eye out for them thar sheriffs :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Penal Code lewd behavior

Katrina 1187July 25, 2002 09:37PM

Re: Penal Code lewd behavior

katrina island 746July 25, 2002 11:24PM

katrina island 678July 25, 2002 11:32PM

DCR 729July 26, 2002 08:00AM

SmokeScreener 725July 26, 2002 12:03PM

Arizona Mike 711July 27, 2002 11:20AM

Wizard 712July 26, 2002 12:38PM

Wizard 751July 26, 2002 12:46PM

Wizard 762July 26, 2002 01:40PM

DCR 648July 26, 2002 01:41PM

Wizard 729July 26, 2002 02:04PM

Mary 694July 27, 2002 01:09AM

Wizard 684July 27, 2002 09:57AM

Arizona Mike 718July 27, 2002 11:19AM

Katrina Island 1230July 27, 2002 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login