Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

More information on the clothing optionl status at DCHS

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 25, 2002 01:06PM
Today I tried to contact Brad Burns to ask so more questions about the various agencies policy in regards to the clothing optional situation down at DCHS but he was not in. I will try and contact him tomorrow. I did contact the local sheriffs dept. , the CPS and the Fish and Game dept. I had a long talk with one of the head people at the sheriffs dept and he was aware of the situation that occured to me over the weekend. In our discussion it was made clear by the person I talked with that the Sheriffs dept are in a position to apply the laws they follow to any areas they go in to. He said that the USFS policy would not supersede thier own. This means that if for some reason a representative, for what ever reason came into contact with specifically an adult who was nude in front of minors, that they would in all probability be arrested at DCHS or anywhere else. If they were to respond to DCHS for some criminal incident and observe an offense in relation to thier laws like adults being nude in front of minors then they are obligated to make an arrest. In talking with the man at the sheriffs it is clear that the are firm that this is how they would handle the situation. I asked him why then have we not seen the sheriffs dept down at DCHS making arrest for something like adults being nude in front of minors and he told me that basically its a case of them having higher priorities than to go on a nude bust down at DCHS but he made no quibbles that given the circumstances of them being in the area for a particular reason that arrest would be made for offenses seen by thier officers. The man I talked to on the phone said that DCHS is not an officially " designated " clothing optional area like Blacks Beach. That if it was " designated " that this would provide protection for the clothing optional status of DCHS. I was also supprised that he appeared to indicate that if I was to be with my minor children at blacks beach while I was nude that I could not be arrested. I'm not sure if that is what he meant but thats the way I understood it. I would be interested in anyone who knows if this is specifically true? So it appears clear that adults going nude in front of minors at DCHS can put you in a situation of the possibility of being arrested by the sheriffs dept and if you are a parent with your children the CPS will become involved because of the nature of the charges. Adults who are found nude and arrested for being in front of minors might be cited for other offenses depending on what they were doing at the time. In regards to just adults being nude in public. He said this is also an arrestable offense however he implied that in all probability that if and officer came upon a situation where adults were together down along Deep Creek and surrounding area and if they were not engaged in any bizarre behaviour or overt sexual behaviour that violated any specific laws that the people would most likely not be arrested or cited. So by what he said it appears that the sheriffs dept takes a softer line when it comes to just adults " skinny dipping " as he put it, in the DCHS area. I will continue this subject in the next post. I know if the post gets too long it will not record at the forum.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

More information on the clothing optionl status at DCHS

Wizard 1286July 25, 2002 01:06PM

Re: More information on the clothing optionl status at DCHS

Wizard 743July 25, 2002 01:55PM

Wizard 724July 25, 2002 01:59PM

Katrina 775July 25, 2002 02:56PM

Blusky 645July 25, 2002 03:02PM

Wizard 728July 25, 2002 07:27PM

sycamore laughing 740July 25, 2002 08:56PM

Paul P. 672July 26, 2002 12:09AM

Wizard 684July 26, 2002 12:10PM

Mary 781July 27, 2002 01:11AM

Paul P. 620July 28, 2002 03:42PM

katrina island 661July 28, 2002 05:41PM

paul 585July 31, 2002 04:43PM

Wizard 724July 28, 2002 06:30PM

Wizard 1189August 01, 2002 08:35AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login