Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Calif. Wildfire Forces Evacuations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 23, 2002 10:14PM
DCR, I know what you mean. Fire is a natural part of the life of wildlands but it is a bummer for us as humans with our relatively short life spans. Beautiful areas we love can be burnt and will not look the same in our lifetimes. I saw a report on the news about a hot fire that burnt a large mountain to the North West of the town of Flagstaff Arizona. The report said that because of the wildlands altered condition because of the fire fighting policies that this fire burned so hot that this area that burned in this fire in 1977 was still baren and would most likely take a thousand years to get back to what it looked like before the fire. And realistically, that would also depend on the longterm climatic condition during that period. Over that span of time I've seen articles on areas just drying up because of changing long term whether patterns. I used to frequent a real nice camp spot at about the 8000 foot level on the ridges south of Lucerne valley. That spot got burned up in the Willow Fire. At least alot of the vegetation around DCHS is smaller and grows rather quickly. A place like where you go in the Sequoias will unfortunatly take a long time to regenerate. Its been the worst fire season on record so far :-(
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Calif. Wildfire Forces Evacuations

DCR 1187July 23, 2002 09:22AM

EastBay 576July 23, 2002 12:53PM

Wizard 597July 23, 2002 08:41PM

mp 661July 23, 2002 09:35PM

DCR 656July 23, 2002 09:38PM

Wizard 623July 23, 2002 10:14PM

EastBay 1091July 24, 2002 09:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login