Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Naturism

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 22, 2002 07:11AM
Thanks for your comments Laughing Bear and Nevada Naturist. I did not sleep well last night because of this situation that occurred over the weekend and it has my mind in a flurry of thoughts. I have enjoyed DCHS for many years and have shared this experience with my children since they were born. I am having a very hard time with the idea that was suggested by this officer that I should not take my kids to DCHS. It is a National Forest area, it has been clothing optional down there for many years. The rangers and law enforcement are completely aware that these springs are frequented by all types of visitors. Families visit the springs all the time. People are not arrested at the springs for being nude. I know that it was unfortunate that I happened to come across these two sheriffs vehicles when I did without my cloths on. If they would have come through 5 minutes before and I would have not been at my car, 5 minutes afterwards and I would have had my shorts on. Also some of the people in these vehicles were ones who have a bad opinion of those who enjoy being in nature without clothes. They cannot imagine that you could be around your children naked and not have evil thoughts in your mind! I can honestly tell you that I have been complemented numerous times by people who have said that its great that I take the time to take my two daughters to the springs and spend time with them like I do. Those that truly know me have no doubt about the integrity of my character. So I am thinking to myself, why should I now not be able to continue one of my favorite pastimes, spending rewarding time with my family at these springs I love. This organization called the CPS ( Child Protective Services ) are the main threat. I've heard may stories of what kind of things they can do with thier power based on situations that are " at times " ludicrous in terms of common sense. The officer also told me that the DA and the courts would most likely see this kind of situation as negative and wrong. My wife supports fully, that in her mind, I am doing nothing wrong by spending time with my kids as a naturist. She is just real concerned about the CPS. Apart from the argument of whats right or wrong, if you love your kids, you don't want some organization to swoop in and take them from you, for any amount of time. Presently my wifes opinion, based on what happened this weekend is that she is comfortable with me going to DCHS on my own or she is comfortable with me taking the kids to Deep Creek but not to DCHS specifically. I am putting forth the point to her that I would like to still enjoy DCHS with the children. The change I would make is that when I'm with the kids I would do my hike to and from the springs with cloths on and only go without cloths at the springs. I want to see if I can get some information from any organizations involved with Naturism as to what my rights are in relation to law enforcement and the CPS. I do not want to jeopardize my family situation but I am finding it hard to except that I cannot continue to enjoy DCHS as I have in the past with my kids. My wife knows that I will respect her wishes on this and if she chooses to stay with her present take on this situation I will not fault her in any way for her position. She is a very responsible and considerate mother and is naturally concerned for our kids and the possible threat to our familys well being by these differant organization attitude in relation to nudity and children. I will be discussing all of this in length with my loved ones so we can decide what course we will take. I feel no sense of having done anything wrong in all of this. Its funny, If I would have had a small peice of cloth called shorts thats weighs only a few ounces I wouldn't even be here talking about any of this. Peice of cloth, in some people's eyes, means I am a worthy, well meaning, responsible person, no cloth and I'm a twisted, sinister evil minded lunatic. I am sure that was the veiw of some of the people in those sheriffs vehicles I ran across based on what the officer that visited my house told me. Well it does feel better to get this stuff out and talk about it. Its just very shocking because I really wasn't expecting something like this to happen. Lifes full of curve balls.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Naturism

Wizard 1116July 21, 2002 08:52PM

Wizard 629July 21, 2002 09:15PM

Wizard 648July 21, 2002 09:21PM

Laughing Bear 738July 21, 2002 10:26PM

NevadaNaturist 686July 21, 2002 11:30PM

Wizard 982July 22, 2002 07:11AM

NevadaNaturist 794July 22, 2002 08:38AM

Paul P. 619July 22, 2002 09:14AM

EastBay 587July 22, 2002 10:22AM

DCR 730July 22, 2002 11:53AM

sycamore laughing 704July 22, 2002 03:12PM

EastBay 640July 22, 2002 05:36PM

Wizard 856July 22, 2002 09:37PM

Wizard 644July 22, 2002 10:08PM

katrina island 648July 23, 2002 12:12AM

Wizard 712July 23, 2002 07:48AM

Ron 705July 23, 2002 08:07PM

Wizard 672July 23, 2002 09:54PM

DCR 650July 24, 2002 07:39AM

Katrina 706July 24, 2002 06:08PM

Wizard 663July 24, 2002 09:00AM

Wizard 697July 24, 2002 07:19PM

Paul P. 645July 24, 2002 10:02PM

Wizard 1104July 25, 2002 09:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login