Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: You pay your money or you take your chances

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 21, 2002 12:31PM
Sorry for the long previous post, but I would now like to make a little shorter one to say "Bravo Wizard" for dealing with a potentially conflictive situation in an efficient and non confrontational way. I have found that when someone is being sneaky, they are trying to avoid confrontation. If they just become aware that they are being watched it is sufficient for them to stop their activity at least that day. If they come to the springs several times and the same occurs they will eventually stop coming. However, the news of this kind of folks hanging out at the springs just adds to the negative aura that the article exagerates.

It is also a pity that you must tell your kids to wear suits out of fear of this kind of people. That woman as well as all our children have the right to be who they are and wear or not wear what they feel like wearing in a clothing optional environment. However, as a father I could not understand you more. I have often felt that my children were probably safer at the springs than at the mall or playing in the street of their condo, however I would not let them out of my sight at either place. As a society we should not be restricting the rights of the law abiding and fellow respecting citizens to protect them from those that are not. We should be ever vigilent for our kids by keeping an eye on them and puting the restrictions on those that wish to harm them instead of creating and artifitial bubble around them. One way of doing so is speaking up for the standards that we all beleive in, which is one of the purposes of the brochure we are putting together. The other way is influencing law makers to come up with laws that make sense. Although I am all for freedom of speach, but when it is used to protect a sneaky person taking photos of kids or anyone else without their permission just because they are in a public place, in my opinion they are abusing that freedom.

Once again, bravo for protecting your kids, informing the couple, and letting the offender know that you were aware of his actions and that they were not appreciated in a non confrontational way. Also thanks for sharing your trip to the springs, this situation and the encounter with the sherif deputies with the rest of us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

You pay your money or you take your chances

katrina island 1151July 20, 2002 02:09AM

link LA Times

katrina island 662July 20, 2002 02:13AM

Re: link LA Times

Paul P. 1979July 20, 2002 09:47AM

Re: link LA Times

sycamorelaughing 640July 20, 2002 01:39PM

Laughing Bear 688July 20, 2002 10:28AM

Wizard 653July 21, 2002 09:51AM

Wizard 623July 21, 2002 10:07AM

Ron 642July 21, 2002 11:55AM

Ron 663July 21, 2002 12:31PM

SmokeScreener 1261July 21, 2002 02:59PM

Arizona Mike 687July 21, 2002 06:34PM

EastBay 686July 22, 2002 10:30AM

paul 596July 22, 2002 03:39PM

EastBay 1044July 22, 2002 05:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login