Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 4-17-23

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2023 06:27PM
I got to the new camp ground at 10:30 talked to the nice people who work there for @1 hour. The weather was so delightful I had to hike to my favorite hot spring. The air temp was in the 60s and the sunshine felt refreshing. When I got to the springs a raft was roped across the creek. What a nice surprise because the creek temp was still in the 40s. Almost no one were jumping into the cold creek.
The creek is still above the Serenity and Crab Cooker pools, about 6-8 inches. When I looked at the Arizona pool it appears the large Boulder that makes up the west side of the pool has moved into the river about 2-4 feet. I was shocked! Also a large Boulder has lodged itself where the upstream barrier is. I had to feel around to see if that barrier was still there and could not tell if it is still there. We can only hope ? This shocked me to no end. The only thing certain in life is change. The water is over a foot higher than this pool and moving very rapidly.
While studying all of this a cool group of hippies came around demanding to know where any trash was. This lead to many interesting conversations. They were camping at the campground and had been to the springs 5 times. They said Sunday was a circus day because there were too many persons at the springs to have fun. There were only about 15 - 20 people there on Monday. Everyone had a happy time too. One old time regular in his 70s was at the pools also it was a real pleasure to see him. Someone has shoveled out a small pool just below where the Arizona pool spring is. The spring has moved uphill from where it used to be also. All the sand that used to be on the beach around the down stream side of the Arizona pool is gone. Exposing all the tree roots there.
While I was at it I got my hose out and vacuumed all the dead algae and such from the Anniversary pool. So next time yall show up be amazed at all these changes and HAPPY TAX DAY TO ALL!!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 4-17-23

jobe866April 18, 2023 06:27PM

Re: Trip report 4-17-23

Paul P.420April 18, 2023 08:51PM

jobe497April 18, 2023 10:32PM

Paul P.301April 20, 2023 10:43AM

neogeo403April 21, 2023 12:46AM

jobe585April 21, 2023 11:01AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login