All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 19, 2022 07:04PM
It was a few minutes before eleven when I started down the trail to D.C.hot springs. On the way in it was sunny but you could see clouds moving in. My thermometer said it was 62 degrees.There were 17 cars in the Bowen ranch parking lot. I counted 25 cars in the D.C.H.S. campground parking area. But I am certain there were cars elsewhere I could not see. This lead me to expect a crowd at the springs. But as I headed down there were at least 20 persons leaving for the day. One woman was hiking out with 2 teenage boys. When I asked why? She said " there were naked people down there." I apologized for not being there to warn her before hand. When I got to the springs at least 30 persons were meandering around. I counted 8 tents and a couple were sleeping in a hammock. When I measured the temp upstream from the Arizona pool it was 44 degrees. I took the temp where most people cross the creek it was 48 degrees. The Arizona pool was full of happy soakers, the temp there was 104 degrees. The Anniversary pool was 100 degrees. While there I noticed 2 couples were soaking at the source beside the Pacific crest trail. Very hot there. The Womb pool was 95 degrees. Plenty people were enjoying it there. The Serenity pool was 104 degrees.same as the Arizona pool. There is still about 1 foot of sand and debris in this pool. But many were oblivious. Why worry? The Crab Cooker pool was 112 degrees. That is 4 degrees cooler than normal. As the morning turned into evening there were more than 50 persons most of the evening. Everyone I saw and spoke with were happy to be at my favorite hot springs. Happy birthday to MLKjr. Wherever you are.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 1-16-22 Sunday

jobe920January 19, 2022 07:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login