Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 4/11

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 30, 2021 07:21AM
Camped out the night of 4/10 at the new Deep Creek Hot Springs Campground. It was alright - the sites are a little too close together to feel like you have your own space, in my opinion. Plus, some of the sites are in the middle of the parking area with no privacy, and others are on the edge where you can get parked in by people behind you. But decent enough camping setup: picnic table, fire ring (just made of rocks though), a bit of turf to keep your tent from getting too dusty...

Hiked in on 4/11 to the springs, which were pretty crowded. Maybe 50 to 60 people, the majority of the them textiles, but a few groups of people getting undressed/topless. Not much room for social distancing in the pools, but at this point if you aren't vaccinated that's kind of on you. There's a bit of trash around, but I've seen it way worse. It's getting to the time of year when, even overcast, you need to be reapplying sunscreen! Saw a drunk dude nearly fall off the trail on the hike back up - he skinned his knees and legs up pretty badly. I guess my message is just be careful out there.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 4/11

peciousaitiff1290April 30, 2021 07:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login