Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Overnight camping recs?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 15, 2021 06:54AM
After doing probably > 20 rushed day trips of a few hours, I'm thinking it might be time for me to actually camp out near DCHS and thus be able to take my time. It seems the most logical place to set up camp would be the new DCHS Campground facilities. But I will admit, having seen the camp sites, it's really just a few rocks in a circle that they call a fire pit, and a big square of astroturf that I guess is supposed to be the protection under my tent? I don't know... I'm used to more alpine camping with trees, which is why I've come in to DCHS after staying the San Bernardino National Forest.

To be clear, I do NOT want to camp AT the springs. For one, I know it's illegal and I don't want to deal with legal consequences for me or for conservation efforts @ the springs. And secondly, I like to camp with a lot of gear (stove, cooler, etc) that I certainly could not carry down the trail with me.

But what I'm asking is: Has anyone camped close to the springs (ie within hiking distance of the actual pools)? If so, where, and what did you think of it? Anything I should pack for the desert-style landscape that I wouldn't think of, as someone who's normally in forest?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Overnight camping recs?

peciousaitiff1220April 15, 2021 06:54AM

Re: Overnight camping recs?

SilverAvion948April 15, 2021 11:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login