Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Graffiti issues - terrible day

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 23, 2020 09:00AM
I wrote a trip report 11/19 that mentioned a couple instances of graffiti on the trail from Bowen to DCHS.

I went back just two days later on 11/21 and it is SO MUCH WORSE. In fact, this was an overall BAD trip to the springs.

Seemingly every quarter mile, there's graffiti. One says "you tha man," another says "keep going," another says "san bernardino ca" ... and maybe the most egregious a-hole move of all, a crude spray-painting of a naked woman's torso with an arrow pointing down the trail. As if it's "hike this way for boobs." It's really really infurating.

Add to that the increased amount of trash - someone left an empty cardboard box from their camping gear along the trail... people making illegal fires with half-burned trash inside of them.... it was awful. AND the springs were jam-packed. 12 to 15 people per pool. No one wearing masks. Three different people BLARING loud music. People getting falling-down drunk and crawling over each other, risking injury to people they were falling on. It was despicable, not at all the vibe of the springs. This is the kind of crap that makes me so mad about Instagram geotags of DCHS... part of me wants them to shut it all down for a bit to clear it out.

If you see people doing this stupid crap, please call them out. Don't bring people who are going to be disrespectful of others or nature. It makes it so much less fun for us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Graffiti issues - terrible day

peciousaitiff3004November 23, 2020 09:00AM

Re: Graffiti issues - terrible day

Paul P.933November 23, 2020 10:33PM

zeus1138November 30, 2020 11:35AM

paulespo852December 01, 2020 11:11AM

Sam D.1003December 01, 2020 04:24PM

neogeo1122December 23, 2020 08:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login