Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 11/19

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 20, 2020 06:55AM
Great day for the springs.

Hiked in from Bowen around 11:30. A few new bits of graffiti on boulders on the way down (at least the message was uplifting instead of hate speech this time). Water in the creek is pretty cold, but not the frigid nightmare it can be sometimes - plus it was shallow enough I was barely knee-deep crossing over. The lowest pool (I think it's called the womb? Sorry, I can never remember the names) was entirely submerged, despite the creek not being that high.

Decent crowd for a Thursday. A group of 10 guys or so in Speedos at the Phoenix pool... a couple of nude guys sharing wine and romance in another pool, so I left them alone... 4 nude women speaking Russian (I think?)... and then two more women (textile) arrived later.

Not a lot of trash. Someone left a camping chair at GET NAKED beach (which right now does not have its signature rock message), though.

It's my favorite time of year at the springs where it's cool enough that I wear a sweatshirt and nothing else on the hike. Got funny looks from a guy as I was hiking out - if he wasn't expecting nudity, he was in for a surprise when he got to the bottom!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 11/19

peciousaitiff2545November 20, 2020 06:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login